“Unlike today, this was a period of relative calm in India and the term ‘terrorism’ was virtually unheard of. So the violence in Mizoram, especially the triple assassination was a real shock. Baba Virsa Singh ji’s role in providing vision and counsel, through I.G. Gurnam Singh Randhawa and the guidance he gave me personally can not be overstated.
His spiritual presence was indeed the determining factor in bringing peace. But the lessons we have learned and model we have gained are definitely transferable.”
S.K. Chhibber, Former Governor, Indian State of Mizoram
- “To end the scourge of terror, we must change people”s minds—not put more pressure on them”
- “Look at them as your own children. They too are someone”s child.”
- “Terrorism is a plant that has sprung up under pressure. Take the pressure away and the plant will return to normal.”
- “Terrorism is not a nation, it doesn”t have a capital. Under pressure the tree has sprouted new branches”
- “By shouting” terrorist, terrorist,” we”ve created hundreds of thousands more terrorists. Stop the slogans, listen to their needs and terrorism will stop.”
- “Meet with them. Try to understand their problems. Then I have full faith that if you solve their problems, they”ll turn away from bullets and love will begin to arise within them.”
- A Turban for Peace
Baba Virsa Singh Recalls His Letter to President Bush of October 3, 2001.
September 11, 2006
- Blessed are the Peacemakers
International Leaders Gather in Gobind Sadan to seek Baba Virsa Singh’s guidance and share successes in Overcoming Terrorism and Conflict
March 1 2005
- Blessed are the Peacemakers Seminar Gallery
February 17-18, 2005
- How Can Peace and Cooling Emerge in the World?
September 25, 2004
- A Lotus on the Water
Baba Virsa Singh Speaks in Russia.
May 18, 2004
- Seminar on Intellectual Terrorism as a Source of Communal Tension
- Nothing Good Comes from War
Baba Virsa Singh’s message to the Global Peace Initiative of Women Religious and Spiritual Leaders Geneva.
October 6-10, 2002
- Ending Tragedy and Terrorism
A Message from His Holiness Baba Virsa Singh.
September 15, 2001