With the 20th anniversary of 9-11 looming, we wanted to share a simple collage of our powerful story – Gobind Sadan, USA was the 1st house of worship in the country, victim of a post 9-11 hate attack. With the growth of the major Sikh organizations our story gets left behind, but until I was called away to India the end of 2004. I was able to spread it around the world! The story of the miracle of Siri Guru Granth Sahib triumphing over the fire and our powerful statement of forgiveness which transformed the lives of the teen arsonists was carried by BBC and included in the UK’s middle school text books! At a time when the world is increasingly divided in hatred, let this show the power of Maharaj ji’s mission to provide a path to peace!Arson1PAGEcollage
1)You’ll see the fire shooting from the roof of the wooden farmhouse – straight from the darbar sahib room
2)Then the parkash of the “Miracle Granth,” Siri Guru Granth Sahib, that triumphed over the flames of hatred – with not a single Holy WORD damaged by fire or water. After it was carried out respectfully by the Firechief who said he had never seen anything like this. Looking carefully you can barely make out the dampness wrinkles on the lower left by some dampness.
3) The Light shining through the burned out structure where
4) the Interfaith vigil (organized by GS w Interfaith Works) the day after
5) Ralph Singh and Gurbachan Singh
6) The Palki Sahib and Guru Nanak Devji’s picture captured by channel 5 news – it was as if God put up His Mighty hand and stopped the fire
7) Our statement of Forgiveness – carried around the world and read to the teens at their arrest. – “by forgiving we have the opportunity to create peace!”
8) Newspaper stories – Sikhs welcome the World – story of forgiveness – and transformation of the arsonists.
You will hear more as the 20th anniversary of the actual arson in November approaches.